The Solutions Journalism Network is a non-profit organization based in New York City that trains journalists and works with newsrooms to shift their coverage to include rigorous reporting on how people are responding to social problems—solutions journalism. We are currently seeking both a spring and summer intern to take on several key projects that support the Solutions Journalism Network’s rapid growth. Activities will focus on several activities within the network program of SJN’s work. Potential tasks may include:
- Creating content for the website. Producing regular blog posts and tools, conducting Q&As, listicles, and other content.
- Conducting campaigns on social media, including Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and YouTube, around topics of interest to members of the SJN community.
- Supporting our live event strategy, helping devise and execute our approach for regional journalist events and support logistics for a Solutions Journalism Summit (scheduled for fall 2017)
- Managing the administration of an SJN mentor program, matching applicants with appropriate mentors, fielding communication for both mentors and mentees as needed and conducting surveys and making tweaks to mentor program based on results.
Where: New York City
Pay: $13/hour, full time
Deadline: Spring: until filled; Summer: March 15.
Start/end dates: Spring: starting immediately, ending in April (exact dates negotiable); Summer: dates negotiable, three full months preferred.
- Interest in journalism
- Appreciation for the mission and strategy of the Solutions Journalism Network
- Strong organizational and entrepreneurial skills, and a willingness to work independently
To apply, send resume and cover letter to Samantha McCann, Director of Communities, firstname.lastname@example.org