The Solutions Journalism Network (SJN) is an independent, non-profit organization that works to legitimatize and spread the practice of solutions journalism — compelling reporting about responses to urgent social problems. SJN is building SolutionsU, a set of tools to support the teaching of social innovation, centered around the Solutions Story Tracker: a database of 1,700+ solutions stories around the globe.
We are looking for an entrepreneurial and experienced academic or professional in higher education who will help SJN build collaborative relationships with educators and facilitate the integration of SolutionsU resources into classrooms. You will work with educators (outside the field of journalism) to develop highly valuable and engaging educator resources. This is a part- time contract position.
- Cultivate relationships with educators, via email, phone, in-person visits, Facebook group, monthly webinars, and participation in relevant conferences;
- Identify and create case studies;
- Build new, update existing, and crowd source educator resources, including modules, discussion guides, curated collections of stories, etc;
- Work with Editorial Director to curate relevant collections of stories for educators;
- Work with Program Manager of SolutionsU to maintain and expand our pipeline of partners in colleges, universities, or community colleges;
- Gain insights about how to further advance SJN’s mission through relationships with educators;
- Report to the Program Manager of SolutionsU.
You are an experienced, creative professional in higher education who is passionate about education that prepares and inspires students to be effective, ethical change-leaders. You are a creative thinker around community building and engagement, and an entrepreneurial leader with process and project management experience. You also have a deep understanding of the working dynamics of academic institutions and what motivates and drives educators. Previous experience as an educator is preferred. SJN offers the opportunity to work in an intellectually stimulating environment with fantastic colleagues, work/lifestyle balance, and a competitive compensation.
How to apply: Please forward resume and short cover letter to email@example.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.